This guide is for those who wish to allow users to connect to their server with yourname.com instead of an IP.
1. Make sure you have a dedicated IP. This means your port will be 25565.
2. Purchase a domain from godaddy.com if you don't own it yet.
2.5 If you want a subdomain like yourname.hivehosted.com, just contact us if you have step 1.
3. Go to godaddy, login and select launch next to domain and then select the domain you wish to use.
5. Edit the first line "A (Host)" and change it to your server IP without port.
Hosts = @
Points to = server IP without port
6. Select save. Can take up to 24 hours for DNS to update.
You should now be able to use your domain name as the IP when connecting to the server.
If you need any help, please use our support page from the main menu to contact us.